LIVE VIDEO: WLBZ NEWS CENTER 2 at 6:00    Watch
 

Triple murder suspect Nicholas Sexton pleads not guilty

7:24 PM, Nov 5, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - The second suspect of Bangor's triple homicide made his first appearance in a Penobscot courtroom. 31-year old Nicholas Sexton plead not guilty to all counts.

David Bates, one of Sexton's attorneys, said, "We haven't seen one single piece of discovery yet, not one police report. So we are not really in any position to make a comment on the case other than our client is presumed innocent and we are going to give him the best defense we possibly can."

The Warwick Rhode Island native faces three counts murder and one count arson.

Police say Sexton and his accomplice Randall 'Ricky' Daluz fatally shot three Maine residents. The victims Daniel Borders, Nicolle Lugdon, and Lucas Toscano before setting their car on fire. Earlier this month, Daluz also plead not guilty.

The state filed a motion to try the two men as co-defendants but both Sexton's and Daluz's attorneys say they will fight to not have that happen.

Sgt. Paul Kenison with Bangor Police Department said, "There will be several meetings between the attorneys and justice Anderson and the proceedings will go on from there....Most of our homicide cases tend to take about 12 to 18 months before they actually see a courtroom for trial."

The judge set a  status conference to be held in 60 days. It will be at that time the judge will hear both sides on the topic trying them as co-defendants.

Until then both men will be held in Penobscot County jail without bail.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Most Watched Videos