Vermont dogs poisoned by hot dogs soaked in antifreeze

11:54 AM, Oct 22, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

(WPTZ) Terry Gray watches her 8-year-old Australian Shepard Max with a smile on her lips but pain in her eyes. Her other dog, Emmy, is gone after growing violently ill a few days ago.

"We woke up and she was having a seizure," said Gray. "That stopped. 5:30 she had another seizure. This time it lasted much longer."

Gray said a doctor at the Berlin Veterinary Clinic diagnosed Emmy with antifreeze poisoning. Hours later, the Grays had to put Emmy down.

A search of Gray's Northfield, Vermont property revealed troubling evidence, a container of what appears to be hot dog meat soaking in a chemical.

Most Watched Videos