Utah home explodes, neighbors rescue woman

10:52 AM, Mar 17, 2014   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

PROVO, Utah (KSL) -- A 54-year-old woman was hospitalized Sunday afternoon after her Provo, Utah home exploded and caught on fire.

At about 12:30 p.m., neighbors heard an explosion.

"I heard a boom then I saw smoke coming up. I told my wife to call 9-1-1, and then I took off running," said neighbor Robert Shephard.

Upon approaching the home, neighbors discovered it had collapsed.

"We could hear her screaming," said neighbor Tiffany Pierce.

Shephard, with the help of another man, ran inside the home and rescued Glenda Wyatt, who is wheelchair-bound and was pinned inside.

Most Watched Videos