Overloaded circuits sparked Bucksport fire

6:03 PM, Aug 28, 2013   |    comments
Bucksport fire caused by overloaded extension cords and power strips. Photo courtesy: Bruce Skakle
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

BUCKSPORT, Maine (NEWS CENTER) - Overloaded power strips and electrical cords sparked the fire that left dozens of people looking for a new place to live in Bucksport.

Sunday's fire was devastating to the building and the State Fire Marshal's Office was called in to try and determine a cause.

Investigators found that a bedroom in Apartment #1 had overloaded extension cords and power strips. One of the strips failed, sparking the fire.

Investigators say that the power company had shut off power to that apartment several weeks earlier and the tenants were getting their electricity from other parts of the building.

No humans were injured in the fire, but two cats and a dog died.

One woman feared she had lost her pets, but they were recovered Monday morning and have been reunited with their owner.

NEWS CENTER

Most Watched Videos