BUCKFIELD, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- Investigators say a wood stove is to blame for a fire that destroyed a mobile home in Buckfield Saturday night.
Buckfield Fire Chief Tim Brooks said crews were called to a mobile home on Back Bryant Road shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday, and when they arrived on scene, the home was fully engulfed in flames.
One person was home at the time, but he escaped injury and was able to make it out safely.
Chief Brooks said crews remained on scene for three hours controlling the fire and putting out hot spots.
Brooks said it appears the fire started in the wood stove at the mobile home, and the home is considered a total loss.
Crews from Paris, Sumner, Turner, and Hebron assisted the Buckfield Fire Department on scene.
Brooks said the person who was home at the time of the fire is staying with family nearby.