Jillyanna's No-Knead Pizzza Dough
Adapted from Jim Lahey's Pizza Dough Recipe
Makes two 14 ounce pan pizzas or four seven-ounce round pizzas
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping the dough
1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 teaspoons fine sea salt
1/1/2 cups water
1. In a medium sized bowl, thoroughly blend the flour, yeast and salt. Add the water and, with a wooden spoon or your hands, mix thoroughly.
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow it to rise at room temperature (about 72 degrees F) for 18 hours or until it has more than doubled. It will take longer in a chilly room and less time in a very warm one.
3. Flour a work surface and scrape out the dough. Divide in half and shape into rounded mounds. The mounds should not be sticky; if they are, dust with more flour.
4. If you don't intend to use the dough right away, wrap the balls individually in plastic or put in proofing box and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Return to room temperature by leaving them out on the counter, covered in a damp cloth or covered in proofing box, for 2 to 3 hours before needed.
For best results, Lahey recommends always weighing your ingredients.
Eggplant Parmigiano Pizza
2 small eggplants, peeled, cubed, and sautéed in olive oil
1/2 cup homemade tomato sauce
1/2 cup Fontina cheese, grated
1/2 cup Mozzarella, cubed
1/3 cup Pecorino, grated
1/3 cup sliced chorizo
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 Tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 14-oz. ball of room temperature no-knead dough, stretched into a rectangular shape, almost the size of a 12"x16" pan
1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees with a rack in the center.
2. Lightly oil a 12"x16" pan (I use a steel pan) and place stretched no knead dough into pan. Carefully, without tearing the dough, press and finish working it into a rectangular shape.
3. Gently spread tomato sauce over entire surface of dough.
4. Sprinkle sautéed eggplant cubes over sauce.
5. Sprinkle sliced chorizo over eggplant.
6. Sprinkle all cheeses over eggplant and around the edges of the pie, as the outside tends to cook and brown more quickly.
7. Sprinkle entire surface evenly with the bread crumbs and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Bake for 25 minutes in preheated oven on preheated pizza stone until topping turns golden brown and the crust is pulling away from the sides of the pan.
9. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, cut with pizza cutter, serve.