CHEF TIM O'BRIEN MAKES PANZANELLA SALAD
Chef Tim O'Brien from Trattoria Athena in Brunswick is one of many chefs taking part in the Meals on Wheels Celebrity Challenge on September 25th.
For more information on Chef Tim O'Brien click here: TRATTORIA ATHENA
(makes 1 serving)
2 T. white balsamic vinegar
3 pieces of day-old bread with crust removed (Tuscan or other dense, dry bread)
1 large tomato
1/4 red onion
2 T. chick peas
a handful of arugula
1 T. extra virgin olive oil
1. Combine vinegar and water in flat, rimmed dish.
2. Lay pieces of bread in liquid mixture.
3. While bread is soaking, chop tomatoes and cucumber into bite-size chunks, and slice onion thinly.
4. Combine tomatoes, cucumber, onion, basil and arugula in a bowl.
5. Squeeze excess moisture out of the bread, and crumble in to the bowl of vegetables.
6. Season with salt & pepper, mix all ingredients together, and plate.
7. Garnish with chick peas & crumbled ricotta (or shaved parmigiano reggiano). Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.