Chef Kevin Cunningham's Apple Walnut Chicken Salad
1 lb. Chicken Breasts
2 Apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 tsp. Celery Salt
2 tsp. Cajun Spice
3/4 cup Walnuts, finely chopped
3/4 cup Celery, finely diced
1/3 cup Onion, finely diced
1 cup Mayonaisse
2 tsp. Brown Sugar
Salt and Pepper as needed
1. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and pan sear or grill them until just done in the center. Make sure you don't overcook - they should be very juicy. Refrigerate until fully cooled.
2. Once cooled, dice the chicken and place in a large bowl.
3. Add remaining ingredients except for the Mayo.
4. Mix well to make sure all your ingredients are well coated.
5. Add in half of the mayo and mix. You can add more may as needed. If the chicken and apples are juicy you will only need half. Add more mayo as needed until you have reached a good constancy.
6. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Make sure to mix well before you serve.
You can substitute some or all of the white chicken meat with dark if you prefer.
Any kind of fresh local apple will do but I prefer Red Delicious.
This salad is better served the next day as the flavors have some time to blend together.