CHEF KEVIN CUNNINGHAM'S SCOTCH EGGS
The Inn at Brunswick Station Executive Chef Kevin Cunningham
1 Soft Boiled Egg
4oz. Breakfast Sausage (ground, raw). (You can mix it up here and get some of the fancy Apple Cinnamon, Or Blueberry sausage that is readily available today)
1. Soft boil 1 or more eggs the day before and chill them. I like a 4 minute egg. Be sure to run it under cold water after it's finished cooking. Peel the egg under running water, handle gently so you don't break it.
2. Lay out your patty of sausage in the palm of your hand to create a thin, even layer
3. Wrap the egg in the sausage making sure to coat all the way around
4. Roll the coated egg in flour
5. Dip the now floured egg in egg wash
6. Coat with your breadcrumbs
7. Fry in 350 degree oil for 8 minutes
Egg yolk should be slightly runny but warm inside and the exterior will be nicely browned.