KIDS GONE RAW IN THE 207 KITCHEN
Maggie Knowles and Elizabeth Fraser's recipes can also be found in the 207 Kitchen section of our website.
Berry Mango Green Smoothie - serves 4 kids
2-3 cups of baby spinach
1.5 cups of mixed berries
1 ripe mango, peeled with pit removed
1/2 cup ice
Blend ingredients in a blender until smooth & creamy & drink up!
Frozen Banana Chocolate Treats - makes 18 bite sized treats
(got a fun name idea for these treats? Post it on our facebook page facebook.com/kidsgoneraw)
3 frozen bananas (peel ripe bananas, place in a ziplock & freezer)
1/4 cup of water
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
2 1/2 tablesppons raw agave nectar or maple syrup
2 1/2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
pinch or 2 of sea salt
3 Tbs chopped nuts (we like almonds, cashews, pistachios or pecans)
1. Break bananas into pieces and blend with water in a high speed blender or food processor for 45 seconds until smooth and creamy, like soft serve ice cream. If using a food processor, you may have to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times.
2. Fill an ice cube tray with frozen banana mixture and place in freezer for 3 hours to harden.
3. Whisk together chocolate sauce ingredients right before you remove the ice cube tray from the freezer.
4. Using a butter knife, pop a frozen banana treat out of the ice cube tray & with a spoon, dip it into the chocolate sauce, remove and place on a wax paper covered plate. Repeat until you have emptied the ice cube tray.
5. Drizzle a little chocolate over each one & top with some chopped nuts.
6. Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set and eat up!
For more information on Kids Gone Raw click here: KIDS GONE RAW
To check out their Facebook page click here: KGR FACEBOOK