(NEWS CENTER) - Maine Secretary of State Charlie Summers is embarking on a tour to open a discussion about driver safety among young adults.
Summers says in 2011, there were around 50 deadly crashes involving a driver between the ages of 16 and 24.
He says it's his responsibility to improve the safety of young drivers and all people traveling Maine's roadways.
Secretary Summers has established a special panel that will review young driver requirements, including laws, rules and the driver education curriculum in Maine.
Summers and the Panel will be holding "Coversations with the Communities" at Bureau of Motor Vehicle offices across the state this January.
Dates & Times:
- Thurs. Jan. 5th - 5:00 PM - Lewiston
- Mon. Jan. 9th - 6:00 PM - Kennebunk
- Thurs. Jan. 12th - 6:00 PM - Portland
- Tues. Jan. 17th - 6:00 PM - Bangor
- Wed. Jan. 18th - 6:00 PM - Caribou
- Thurs. Jan. 19th - 5:30 PM - Calais