LEWISTON, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) program and CASH Coalition have teamed up to get more money in the pockets of Maine people.
Volunteers trained by the IRS are available to help qualified taxpayers complete their taxes and apply for the EITC.
Last year 1,300 people used the program collecting nearly 2-million dollars in tax credits.
MORE: CA$H Maine
To schedule an appointment for Free Tax Preparation call 513-3160 or visit the City of Lewiston website by clicking here.
To qualify your earned income and adjusted gross income must each be less than:
- $43,352 ($48,362 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children.
- $40,363 ($45,373 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children.
- $35,535 ($40,545 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child.
- $13,460 ($18,470 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.
The CASH Coalition can be reached by calling:
- Central Maine 873-7700 or 888-392-4636
- Eastern Maine 2-1-1
- Greater Portland 2-1-1
- Midcoast 319-1390
- Western Maine 778-7954
- York County 324-5762 ext. 2718 or 888-965-5762 ext. 2718
- AARP TaxAide 2-1-1